Sora Lodge Hotel
|Room Rate Starting from: $40|
Welcome to Sora Lodge
The Lodge is a 35 minute drive from Lalibela Airport. It is walking distance (approximately fifteen minutes) from Lalibela's southern group of rock-hewn churches and is a twenty minute walk from the northern group of churches. While we are not far from the main village, we are tucked away from the buzzing town's life.
Sora Lodge offers a unique and spectacular view of the Asheten Mariam Mountain and the valleys in Lalibela. All rooms have two large verandas, one facing east and one facing west, providing unforgettable views of the sunrise and sunset. Our property also has a beautiful garden where guests are welcome to explore, enjoy the tranquility, fresh air and watch eagles sailing over the valley. For bird lovers, this includes the impressive Lamergeer, endemic to Ethiopia.
Nestled against the edge of the valley, just below the Lodge itself, our restaurant is built in the shape of a traditional "tukul" hut offering a 270° view of the valley and mountain. Here, Western (German) and Ethiopian breakfast, lunch and dinner are served according to our guests' wishes and needs. Our staff is always ready to help!
We offer the following services to our guests:
- Airport shuttle and transfers to the churches
- Tour service to the churches of Lalibela and the surrounding churches as well as to the mountain Asheten Mariam
- Trekking tours through the highlands around Lalibela as well as farm visits in the surrounding villages
- Booking and reconfirmation of your domestic flights
- Complimentary breakfast
- Free wireless Internet connection
- Free cooking classes for Ethiopian food
- Laundry service
Rooms rate not available
Sora Lodge Hotel Lalibela, Ethiopia
Sora Lodge Hotel